Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Never Let Me Go

by Kazuo Ishiguro

I never thought I would read a book about clones who have been created for the sole purpose of organ donation. I definitely would not have predicted liking it. But I did. And even as I was describing this novel, in detail, to another colleague, I could not believe what I was saying and the enthusiasm with which I was speaking.

Okay, so, I love this book. And like I’ve said, it sounds strange, but it is the most compelling novel I’ve read in a while.

I don’t want to give anything else away, but I will tell you this: Never Let Me Go is the story of a friendship between students at Hailsham, a special school in England. Kathy, Tommy, and Ruth are ordinary in their behavior, but quite extraordinary in their circumstances.

Read this novel. You won’t regret it.

3/22/07

No comments: