Monday, March 31, 2008

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment

by James Patterson

I know, it's hard to believe that I read this book. It was a freebie at the PLA conference, so I read it. And I sort of enjoyed it.

Basic plot: a group of kids lives together without a parental/adult figure. Max, Iggy, Fang, Nudge, the Gasman, and Angel are not brother and sister, and they don't know/remember who their parents are. And one more thing: they can fly. They have wings.

Here's what they do know: they were rescued from a "school" where they were basically science experiments. Their rescuer, Jeb, disappeared 2 years ago, so they're now on their own.

When Angel is abducted and taken back to the school, it is up to Max and co. to rescue her. Along the way, all of the kids are plagued by the basic questions: who am I? Where did I come from?

Fast paced and full of super short chapters. Perfect for reluctant young adult readers.

3/28/08

No comments: