Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Dead Reckoning

by Charlaine Harris

Sookie Stackhouse is back, and the vampires, weres, and fae are all back with her.

Our story begins at Merlotte’s. It appears that Sam’s bar (and Sookie’s place of employment) isn’t doing so well lately. Lagging sales aren’t helped by a fire bomb attack.

And then there’s Eric and the usual vamp politics. Another war is brewing. . .

And don’t even get me started on the fae stuff. . .

Despite the myriad of creatures and plots, DR is less cluttered than more recent entries in the series. I could see Sookie’s life start to settle a bit, and I even have hope for her love life. I enjoyed catching a glimpse at Bill and his love for Sookie (Team Bill forever), and I also noticed the possibility of Sookie and Sam, another great idea.

I think Harris is getting back on track with the series.

5/22/11

No comments: